Whew. I haven’t written a recap since May! I was pretty busy this summer and slacked on tracking my reading. But I recently updated my list, so here’s an overview!
First, my goals for the year:
- 150 books total.
- 50,000 pages.
- 40 non-fiction.
- 10 classics.
- 10 books translated into English (excluding those on my “classics” list).
- 15 books outside my comfort zone.
- 22 books off my TBR list.
If you look back to May, I read 30 books that month. I haven’t come anywhere close to the number again, but I’ve made good progress.
- 119 books total for the year.
- 38, 134 pages & 11 hours total for the year.
- 4 nonfiction (13 for the year).
- 2 books outside my comfort zone (5 for the year)
And to tally what I need to read in November & December to meet my goals:
- 31 books (seems very doable)
- 12,000 pages (also doable)
- 27 nonfiction (not likely, but we’ll see)
- 10 classics
- 9 books translated into English
- 10 books outside my comfort zone
- 16 books off my TBR
I can probably kill multiple birds with one stone–a lot of the books on my TBR are either classics, translations, or nonfiction. However, if the choice comes down to meeting my book/page total goals, I’ll choose those over the genre breakdowns.
- NaNoWriMo this month. I’m participating for the first time.
- Several extra events/traveling
- Year-end work obligations
Here’s to more reading!