I’m no longer evacuated! We have power! Our house isn’t destroyed!
I am approximately 1 million books behind on reviews, so maybe I’ll get around to that when I’ve settled the rest of my life and have any brain space. But for now, a fun tag!
I saw this tag on Avalinah’s Books and she opened her questions to all her followers.
Fantasy or scifi? Why?
Fantasy, 100%. I like good scifi, but I read far more fantasy. I’m not sure why I like fantasy better, but I’ve always been drawn to the magical. Much more an LOTR girl than a Star Wars fan.
Do you always read alone, or sometimes with others?
Alone, I guess? How would you read with others? I mean, sometimes my husband sits on the couch and reads too, but it’s normally just me.
Slytherin, with some strong Ravenclaw vibes. But definitely Slytherin.
Do you have any weird hobbies, aside from reading? (it’s not a weird hobby, okay.)
Depends on what counts as weird, I guess! I’m a runner. I blog, of course. I binge-watch TV shows. But I think those are pretty normal hobbies. I had more weird hobbies when I was younger.
Did you watch Sailormoon as a kid? (I know… totally random.)
Do you schedule your posts in advance?
Very seldom. If I do, it’s normally not far in advance, just a few days.
Have you ever been on a blogging hiatus, and if so – why?
Not formally, but I’ve definitely disappeared for long stretches of time. Normally just because I needed to focus on school or other real life stuff.
Your favorite [mythological or not] character from a book?
Avalinah, I’m calling you out for committing the same sin as the “favorite book” question. I’ve read thousands of characters!! I can’t choose one favorite. But I tend to like sassy, driven girls or women. I’m a big fan of the way Kristin Cashore and Tamora Pierce write female characters, for example. (In TV, which is sort of cheating the tag, I’m obsessed with River Song.)
Your favorite friendship from a book?
Friendships don’t stand out to me much. I like the Gallagher Girls a lot though. Good group friend dynamics there, with girls who depend on each other for their very lives at times.
Was there ever a story that you feel you’ll never forget the experience of reading? Which one?
Lots, for sure! When I was young, A Little Princess. In Middle Grade, my first few Redwall books were transformative. Graceling was a gutpunch read. There are more, I’m sure, but those are the ones that first come to mind.
Do you like doing tags? 😀
Who I tag:
Chelsea @ Kuehler Bookstop
Helen @ Life of a Nerdish Mum
All of you!
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions. (look, assuming I know 11 book bloggers is ridiculous)
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
And my questions:
- What is your Myers-Briggs type?
- Which books got you hooked on the genres you read?
- Do you listen to music while reading? Words or no words?
- Favorite graphic novel or comic?
- What’s a favorite bookish memory?
- Do you read more male authors or female authors?
- Favorite tropes?
- Any recent revelations in your reading life?
- Favorite classics/classic authors? Why?
- Oxford (serial) comma or no?
- What do you wish book blogs had more of?
That was fun! Would you like to see more tags?