I’ve done tons of great reading recently, so I’m very excited to share some of the better articles I found. Enjoy!
- The 7 Step Evening Ritual That Will Make You Happy — I follow (or attempt to follow) most of these steps in my evening ritual. And I definitely have a ritual! My husband doesn’t. It’s been a bit of a problem. Do you/your partners have a bedtime ritual?
- Note: if you’re a productivity/life-hacking/sleep geek, like I am, I recommend reading this even though you’ve probably read lots of lists about morning and evening rituals. This one has a few recommendations I hadn’t seen before.
- Why Your Brain Works Better in Winter – If you’ve been following my blog, you know I don’t like winter. But this article makes a pretty convincing argument that we are sharper mentally during the winter. My grudge against the cold remains nonetheless.
- This guy totally faked an academic paper – Even though I’m a grad student now (maybe because I’m a grad student?), I’m very skeptical of academia and publication. You should be too. If nothing else, this article is hilarious.
- Behind the scenes of the kiss cam – This is a cool bts look at arena kiss cams. I was fascinated, even though I’ve been at big games maybe….twice? The kiss cam requires a remarkable combination of technical skill and comedic/dramatic intuition.
- I was going to link to a funny kiss cam compilation, but the ones I found are of mixed appropriateness and quality. Search for them at your own risk.
- The Internet isn’t ruining us – If you’re interested in the philosophy of the Internet, attention, and the way technology is changing society, read this article.
- How to do uncomfortable things – We only grow through being uncomfortable. Use this article as a starting point for pushing yourself to grow this week.
I already have some great articles saved up for next week, so come back next Saturday for another collection of great reading!
Do you have questions, comments, or boiling rage about these articles? Tell me in the comments!